Santa Rosa Democratic Club Blog
Repeal and go Drop Dead is back in the form of the Graham-Cassidy Repeal Bill. They have until the 30th of September to shove it though -- and Republicans have shown that they are very good at shoving things through without debate, budget scoring, or even a majority. Here is just some of what Graham-Cassidy does:
- Estimated 32 million Ameircans will lose coverage over 10 years
- Ends the Medicaid expansion -- Health Care for 11 million low income adults
- Ends all subsidies for the Exchanges, replacing them with small disappearing "grants."
- End federal protections for people with pre-existing conditions
- Ends federal protections that stop insurance companies from ending coverage once a person gets sick
How to fight back:
Right now it looks like Indivisible is leading the citizen resistance. Here is a link to their website that has the tools for defeating this latest iteration of Trumpcare:
No one should have to lose their home, their life savings, and even their very life, because of lack of medical insurance.
While very nearly the entire Republican caucus in the Senate voted to take away health care from millions of Americans last Friday, every single Democratic Senator voted to save it. This highlights a basic philisophical difference between Democrats and Republicans. While Democrats want to extend health care to all Americans, Republicans have no moral reservations over taking it away en masse.