How do I support Gavin Newsom in the recall election?
- Vote “NO” on the recall and leave the second question blank
- Send back your mail-in ballot by 9/14
How can I vote in this election?
- All registered voters will receive mail-in ballots. You can also vote in person at a voting center or polling place.
Why is there a recall?
- The recall is powered by a partisan, Republican coalition of national Republicans, anti-vaxxers, QAnon conspiracy theorists, anti-immigrant activists and Trump supporters. They have been unable to win the governorship with policies that Californians actually like, so they are using the recall process to install a Republican who would never garner the support of a majority of Californians.
How can I help stop this stealth rightwing takeover of California.
- VOTE! Talk to your friends, neighbors, co-workers and relatives.
- Connect with the official Stop the Republican Recall campaign.
- Volunteer with the Sonoma County Democratic Party today.
The recall explained in less than 5 minutes
Dan Pfeiffer, former Senior Advisor to U.S. President Barack Obama, spoke about the recall in this excerpt from the What A Day podcast.